PREPOSITIONS- HOW IMPORTANT ARE THEY FOR LEARNING ENGLISH
Happy to be here to grab all your attention,…. Dear Ones
A word which usually exhibits the connect between a noun or even pronoun and another word or part of a sentence is termed as preposition….
A little more simple explanation could be….. as below
A preposition is a word that shows a relation between a noun or pronoun and some other word acting as a noun in a sentence.
An example would help you understand prepositions better.
The puppy is sleeping under the table.
Here under is the preposition and it denotes the place. Well this is how a preposition could be used….
Let us for further more clarity know about THE KINDS OF PREPOSITIONS YOU NEED TO KNOW FOR SPEAKING GOOD ENGLISH….
* Prepositions of place
1. “At” is a preposition used to denote the position of an object (Used with the names of buildings, It is also used to denote time)
1. The sisters met at the Patparganj.
2. The rooster clucks everyday at 5am.
“In” is used when you want to point out anything that is within a particular area or object. It’s also used when you wanna refer to particular countries or cities.
1. The ball is in the bag.
2. The Eifel tower is in Paris.
“On” is a preposition used to specify something that is over the other.
1. The table is on the floor.
2. The house is situated on the farm.
* PREPOSITIONS FOR Direction and Location:
In and At is also used to denote the direction and Location.
# Used for specifying the location.
1. The book is in the cupboard.
2. She is in the college canteen.
#Used for denoting the direction
1. Look at the direction board for reaching the hotel.
2. Take left at the first traffic signal.
Into, outside, away, from, under and over, behind, in front , beside, across, up and down are also used for denoting the location or direction.
Let’s have a glance on these prepositions too….. a few examples for a better understanding.
1. Get into the taxi and go to the office.
2. I park the car outside the house.
3. We fly from New Delhi to Bengaluru in less than 3 hours.
4. The cat is under the table.
5. The book is over the shelf.
6. The Scooter is behind the car.
7. Sheetal climbed up the tree to save the hurt bird.
8. The tourists went down the hill to have some tea.
9. Our principal lives across the road.
10. The telephone is beside the cupboard.
Hey Guys I guess now you would have understood how important these prepositions would be in learning to speak English so that they help you connect and frame bigger sentences……
Truly tell me if you found learning them interesting and please do take the initiative to LEARN AND USE THEM IN YOUR DAY-TO-DAY CONVERSATIONS AND ENGLISH…. for better language skills….
The correct usage of these prepositions will surely make you sound fluent in the language and give you more confidence too…… Dear Ones…
Catch you with more interesting English stuff…..