7 WAYS TO USE WOULD IN ENGLISH
More or less would is used in a more similar way as could or should, reminding you that all would, could and should are modal verbs…..
Today herein let us discuss 7 ways we could efficiently use “would”
1. Would can be used when we want to talk about the past….
I would have pursued my studies if not for my mother’s sudden demise.
2. Would can be used to foretell things to do or happen in future…
By this Tuesday I would have reached London.
3. Would can be used to express your wish… choice or preference….
I would prefer coffee over tea for today evening.
4. Would can be used to keep a polite request….
Would you please help me lifting this huge case.
5. Would can be used to express about imaginary or hypothetical things….
If I earn in lakhs I would build a charity centre.
6. Would can be used to ask a question….
Would you like to join my Learning Program?
7. Would can be used after all the “WH” questions… and even “how”…
Who would be your favourite actor among these?
What would you ask for?
Which would prefer rice or bread?
Where would you like to go for summer vacation?
When would you reach Shimla?
How would you get back home?
Well, wasn’t that incredibly amazing to know there were these many and even more ways to use would in English…. Hope you keep exploring more in English and be excited in knowing them along with me in my blog……
Catch you soon,